Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Demographic focus of this site: West Coast or global?

C27C27
edited August 2012 in General
As the title suggests: should we try to keep this site focused on the NA West Coast fans that curently make up almost all of the users, or should we open it up to everyone?
My pesonal opinion is that the Social category is the only one where location would really matter, and if we get enough discussions there we could split it into regional subcategories anyway.

Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• 15 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    edited August 2012
    West Coast is Best Coast. + People that we know. Yes I am implying a elitist "Invite-Only" deal if you want to call it that.
    Post edited by Suikasen at 2012-08-28 21:11:52
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2012

Post edited by Suikasen at 2012-08-28 21:09:39
  • Vote Up2Vote Down
    On one hand, I'm interested in a more representative sampling pool. On the other, I want to see how the Pacific community is different/similar to fans of other regions. 

tl;dr keep it west coast & associates.
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    I agree with Suikasen; keep it west coast. If you want global there's other forums you can use.
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    Yeah, that's my thought I guess - hang onto the west-coast focus, but let people from elsewhere join in too if they wish.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I agree with C27, especially since I'm not west coast.  Don't impose locale restrictions, you never know who you'll bring in.  :V
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    C27C27
    edited August 2012
    You'll be west-coast for a little while though, and that counts!
    Post edited by C27 at 2012-08-28 23:24:07
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    I'm not West Coast either...  But you guys are the only Touhou people I really know, since virtually no one around Utah would know a danmaku bullet from a hole in the ground.  
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    You're closer to us than to the east coast.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    True, true.  But it's still no comfortable distance XD
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I would have to agree with Jlunarian, C27, Momiji, and Suikasen. While we shouldn't necessarily limit this forum to the denizens of the western lands, implementing some sort of invite only feature would be a good way to keep the riff raff out of our lawn.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    I don't agree with "invite only" - people should be able to find this forum so they can use it. Just have some simple rules and active moderators to keep things clean and we'll be fine.
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    edited August 2012
    I do agree that rules and active moderation should be in place. Also user moderation in the form of downvoting stuff to hide it would probably be useful. I wonder if it's already implemented... I'm going to test this out! :3c
    Post edited by Saiyaka at 2012-08-30 00:59:02
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    I like the idea of it being focused on the west coast, yet still open to everyone.
    There's a lot of places on the net where you can talk about Touhou, so I find it nice to see this being focused on the west coast.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Momiji said:

Don't impose locale restrictions, you never know who you'll bring in.  :V

That's true. See you at Akicon :D