Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Your Last Cosplay

edited August 2012 in Cosplay

Okay, let's get some discussion going on in here. Post a picture your last Touhou cosplay! Then state things you liked about it, and things you didn't like about it.

Mine was Yukari.

Liked: Practically everything. I used silk for the colored parts (even the ribbons) and all the white parts are based on Victorian patterns. I love the dupioni silk. <3

Disliked: The umbrella was missing ribbons (since I ran out) and the metal ornament on the top. The side ribbons also refused to stay in their belt loops. The skirts were a bit too long so they drag sometimes.

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up2Vote Down
    -tries to figure out how this all works-  Okay!

My last Touhou cosplay was...  -think-  Patchouli.  Yes.

Liked:  It was super cozy wearing pajamas all weekend.  Plus it was my first try doing anything with a decent-quality wig, so that was pretty great too.  She also gave me an excuse to buy myself a new journal |3

Disliked:  Being large-chested (and hating every moment of it), the striped layer hung off of me like a bag.  The hat kept slipping off, too, it even did it on stage...  And it was all just baaarely shorter than I would have liked it to be.

-hopes that worked-
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2012
    Sorry, double post! >.<"
    Post edited by Xweetara_Erika at 2012-08-28 01:37:34
  • Vote Up2Vote Down
    My last cosplay was Remilla Scarlet, Touhou Project.

Liked: The fact it was satin and comfy as fuck.

Disliked: This is a tough one as the cosplay was custom made for someone and I just happen to be close in size to them. It was pretty worn out but i think she's worn it to like 4-5 cons.. That's a fair amount of mileage in cosplay terms. For being the first costume she made, and not even made for me, it was pretty good.
  • Vote Up3Vote Down
    edited August 2012
    My last Cosplay was Touhou Project's own Koishi Komeiji~! Hhhnnnnnnnnggggggg~~~~ <3

Liked: Even though it was a pre-made from China, it was really well made and looked really nice and was fairly inexpensive for a cosplay of it's quality. I really liked the colors, they were really vibrant and fun. The fabric was incredibly comfortable and soft, too.

Disliked: The tights I used for it were old, ripped, and pretty uncomfortable if worn for an extended period of time. Since I didn't have the time/money, I used my old Remilia wig for Koishi's hair, which worked out alright, but wasn't the best, so I'll definitely get a new wig for Koishi before Sakura Con. The saddest part was that the cosplay didn't come with a third eye. I'll make one eventually, just gotta figure out how I'll do it.

Over all I really loved the Cosplay, and I still wear it around town sometimes~ Then again, I love anything Koishi, Soooo.... >///>
    Post edited by Suikasen at 2012-08-28 14:22:33
  • Vote Up2Vote Down
    My last cosplay was Yuuka Kazami. Unliked all you skilled crafters, sewers, and cosplay makers, I had to purchase this one. Though I didn't have the umbrella, I had the sadistic mindset of Yuuka anyway. ;D

Liked: I think it looks good on me. The large skirt made it easy to move about as well.

Disliked: The shirt was VERY tight to fit and quite uncomfortable. My fix for later is just to use a white t-shirt that I can move about with while still using the vest.
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    Patches said:

My last cosplay was Remilla Scarlet, Touhou Project.

I still can't believe you did that. It works really well too. Dat instagram. XD
    Suikasen said:

Then again, I love anything Koishi, Soooo.... >///>

That pic is too lewd, haha.

I shall claim your title as my own Nate!

• Vote Up0Vote Down

My last cosplay is Eirin Yagokoro. I too have to buy my cosplay I'm not the type of person that makes cosplays.

Likes: First time I've ever crossplayed a female character ever. Got a lot of positive feedback from attendees from the cons that I've gone too. Although pre made it is still sturdy and can last a good while too.

Dislikes: Missing the constellations on Eirin's outfit protrayed in all of the pics seen online. The dress itself is too big need a belt loop just to fit it right. Needed to improve on the cosplay outfit a little bit more and still needed to do more tweaking.

• Vote Up2Vote Down
    Nazrin! I made her myself.

Likes: I made it out of polar fleece that I got half-off on, because I wanted a warm, fluffy look. I really wanted a more natural and rustic feel to her outfit. Also, all of her hems are blind hems, which is a cute detail, in my opinion. It wasn't near as hot as I expected to be in that outfit; I didn't even notice it being warm compared to any of my other cosplays. Also, the ears were really fun to work on, even if they were made out of scrap fabric-- I spent a lot of time playing with my pet rats to get a feel for how their ears were shaped.

Dislike; I lost my pendant and could not find it! Also, I was running late and could not attach the tail on correctly, and the mouse and basket kept falling off of the tail whenever I moved. I ended up losing my mouse at the convention. orz Furthermore, since it is such thick fabric with so many layers, my waist completely disappeared, making me look even heavier than normal.
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    My last, still current and improving, cosplay is Kochiya Sanae and Hoshiguma Yuugi. You may think "how can that be?". The version of Hoshiguma Yuugi I'm referring to comes from Miko Miko Suika by Haniwa, my favorite fan-series. To make the story short, give "Big Repairs at the Hakurei Shrine" a read.

Hoshiguma Yuugi
    -Likes: Minimal prep time. Also happens to be the perfect Halloween costume because Yuugi is an Oni.

-Dislikes: Low seat time with this character. Haven't discovered a consistent method for attaching the horn for as long as I need it on. I also need to find out where to get a sake bowl or even have someone make one.

Kochiya Sanae
    -Likes: There are many. The most important one is I'm able to accomplish the Moriya Family combo (Sanae/Suwako/Kanako) the very first time ever in costume, which could take years to happen. As it turned out, Rabid Potato was Kanako on the day of the Touhou Gathering inside the artist alley. Originally intended for Touhou Gathering only, this ended up being the primary character out of the two.

There are three people being Suwako this year as far as I'm aware off, so I'm happy to be their Sanae.

-Dislikes: Wig choice took a long time as the color is not consistent among people I've researched cosplaying her. The fortunate part is I found one with the shade of green that worked very well, but I wish the wig is in a higher quality. The wig overall is high-maintenance compared to the Yuugi wig as I have to be sure the frog, hair tube and snake does not come off in any way.

It is hard to say which one I like better out of the two as the fun factors are different, but I try to be both for a fair share if I can.

Red Zone wannabe

Oni has to drink somehow...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Last Cosplay I did Made was my Byakuren Hijiri cosplay. It ened up being what I did for my senior project in highschool and i was generally really proud in how it turned out.

Dislikes: It's a bit tight at the shoulders and the cape needs to be attached differently. I also need to get a wig for it. I tried dying my hair, and it didn't turn out to well. my hair turned green (and its still green now even though i used semi-permanent dye)

• Vote Up2Vote Down
    edited September 2012
    My last cosplay was Kaguya.

Liked: The top and skirt were very lightweight and comfortable to wear even in the midst of inevitable convention heat. A friend of mine (Mokou) adjusted the waistband of the skirt to make it elastic which was very enjoyable/comfortable as well.

Dislikes: Long wigs are a (literal) pain to wear for hours on end. I consistently had to take analgesics for frequent headaches as a result of just wearing the wig. It was also a pretty cheap one, so areas of the lace cap could be seen if inspected closely. Another thing I didn't like too much was the bamboo/leaf/flower decor on the skirt - given a chance to redo it, I'd definitely add some depth/interesting color to it in contrast to glued on cutouts.

In general, it was a nice cosplay and I'll probably wear it again at some point.
    Post edited by latrodectus at 2012-09-06 00:33:45
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Looks perfect in the pictures. Liked it.
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    My last cosplay was Maaaaaarisa!

Dislike: It wasn't very complex, and I really want to make it a lot better. I'm going to be constructing a mini hakkero for it, and touching things up. Also, my hat was too small.

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2012
    Traumsprache said:

Dislike: It wasn't very complex, and I really want to make it a lot better. I'm going to be constructing a mini hakkero for it, and touching things up. Also, my hat was too small. 

mobile suit info, 
    ナイスプレー!♪ 
    Post edited by latrodectus at 2012-09-06 20:09:49
  • Vote Up0Vote Down

That cosplay would be perfect if you added more beard, like this:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    C27 said:

That cosplay would be perfect if you added more beard, like this:
    Sakura-Con 2013 plans, kukukukukuku