Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fan Games

edited September 2012 in Game
What is everyone's favorite fan-made Touhou game?

Lately I've been really enjoying 東方RC紅 which is basically a Rhythm Tengoku clone. It was released at C82, so it's pretty new.

My all time favorite fan game is Touhou Koukayaku, it's a really fun 2d action game, where you play as the cast from UFO.

I've been really trying to get my hands on Uniting Barrage Action, as the 3d models in the game are remarkable.

Also, if anyone has a PSP, you should try Touhou Imitation Style, it's an insanely good replication of an official Touhou game with an odd mix of characters including some PC-98 ones. If anyone wants to see gameplay footage of it I can record some, but I can't find any videos of it.
 You can find the DL link for it here:
http://kene-touhou-mohofu.googlecode.com/files/231_r28_kene.zip
You might need a CFW to run it because it isn't an official game though.
Tagged:

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2012
    Two of my favorite fan games are Gensokyo Tower Defense and PatchCon (which I actually own ww). I really like RTS and strategy in general so I find them to be really fun. It also helps that they're both pretty cute~

Gensokyo TD is obviously a tower defense game and PatchCon is a really cute and fairly unique game where you take advantage of Touhou minions in order to protect Patchouli's library. I'd suggest anyone who hasn't played it give it a try since I think it's a pretty accessible game.

I'm not sure where to download either since I already have both but surely a quick google search will yield promising results. :>
    Post edited by latrodectus at 2012-09-10 02:14:23
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Fan games, eh? Hmmmm well along with PatchCon I do personally like my New Super Marisa Land. Two basic answers, but can't deny the goodness of the two
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    Hope my taste isn't too bad, but I think Youyou Kengeki Musou is nice. You play as Youmu where you just walk around and slash stuff. You have 1 spellcard move, 3 switchable special moves and a normal attack that improves with the amount of continuous hits you can chain up. Sure enough, you can chop certain kinds of "bullets". Life is unlimited, but score is reduced with every death.

It has been a really long time since I last played something like that, so it doesn't take much to enjoy it. Reimu's spellcard is one of the most beautiful things in the game and I find the graphics is pretty nice for a fan game of its kind.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    cirnomodo said:

Hope my taste isn't too bad, but I think Youyou Kengeki Musou is nice. You play as Youmu where you just walk around and slash stuff. You have 1 spellcard move, 3 switchable special moves and a normal attack that improves with the amount of continuous hits you can chain up. Sure enough, you can chop certain kinds of "bullets". Life is unlimited, but score is reduced with every death.

It has been a really long time since I last played something like that, so it doesn't take much to enjoy it. Reimu's spellcard is one of the most beautiful things in the game and I find the graphics is pretty nice for a fan game of its kind.

I played that back when it came out (C81 I think?) It was pretty fun, I liked that they kept it simple!
    I think I might still have it on my computer! Maybe i'll give it another run.