Today, WordPress has become a common target for malicious hacker attacks. Just during this year, over 170,000 sites and blogs, implementing the premise of WordPress have already been hijacked. In 2014 this figure will more than likely grow. Why is hide wp login
happening, if WordPress is recognized as safe platform? Let's take a look at the statistics and see, whether your WP installation will be the next target for hackers.
Learn on others' mistakes!
41% of web sites were hacked over the fault of hosting providers. This means that an opponent provides the vulnerability of hosting as part of his own interests, or used security hole at host company to compromise WordPress blogs, found on a vulnerable host.
29% of sites were hacked due to WordPress themes vulnerability. To put it differently, a hacker has identified the weaknesses of theme, set up on WP and utilizing it, reached his goal - got access to the website.
22% of websites were hacked due to the vulnerability of plug-ins, attached to WordPress.
8% web pages were hijacked, due to the weak password on the panel.
What are the results throughout a hacker attack?
If an attacker was able to access your WordPress web or blogsite, he will likely use the following listing of processes to hide his tracks on the webpage and turn into there for the little longer:
- Making a new account with administrator privileges;
- Resetting passwords for multiple accounts to avoid other users entering your own personal WP site;
- Changing the part of the existing inactive account;
- Injecting malicious code to the content;
- Modifying WordPress files, to re-gain accessibility system via malicious code (like a backdoor);
- Creating redirects in .htaccess files.
How to protect WordPress from hacker attacks?
As you can see, to hack WordPress site is very easy, but additionally, there are very good news - you can protect yourself from hacking. In hindsight and examining information, you'll be able to understand what to perform, to raise how much protection to your site from hackers:
- Before you select or change providers, it seems sensible to accumulate some good info in regards to the web hosting provider: browse forums, blogs and articles.
- Before installing a theme or plugin, study them and make sure they are regularly updated official products.
- Delete or rename the administrator account automatically.
- Make use of a strong password. With a strong password, I mean your password which contains no less than 8 characters, that do not form any word and is not a nickname of one's dog. The password also needs to contain lowercase and uppercase, numbers, and special characters like!, &,?
- Keep your themes, plugins along with other software up to date and constantly use fresh patches to protect your software looking at the suppliers.
- If you are using the aforementioned tips, the safety of the WordPress will largely increase, and it will be shielded from one of the most trusted and known attacks.
Don't stop! Keep further your WordPress theme security level!
You should not take one-time measures to improve WordPress safety which will help prevent as of this, must be site's security is essential to cope with constantly. The measures, that you're taking now and may drink the future, may influence and may impact the security of the site without having doubts. Along with immediately become discouraged and think that now you have to suffer, constantly attempting to secure your webpage, since there is nothing complicated in this process.
To read more about hide my wordpress resource: click for more info