Here's some suggestions for basic rules for the forum to operate on and moderators to follow (when they're implemented). Please comment and add your own thoughts.
- No shitposting: this includes but is not limited to meme-spamming, inappropriate character-roleplaying, or retarded actions not otherwise specified. Posts with a -5 or lower rating might be automagically deleted, and users that consistently make posts with highly negative ratings might be put on probation.
- No personal drama, no posting of others' personal information. Exceptions might be made if it's a matter that's actually relevant to the community, eg. a warning about someone being a creeper at a con or such; but in general I don't think any of us want to put up with any cattiness.
- No posting anything that could get us into legal trouble. I don't think I need to explain this.
- Determine a ruling on posting NSFW content on the forum. My personal view is that as long as it doesn't violate #3 it should be allowed, but it's better if everyone gets to throw in their opinion on this.
- No stirring up trouble with other communities. It's fine to tell people about this place, but be a good diplomat when doing so.
How's that for starters?