Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Touhou Social Games

edited August 2012 in Social
Hello so I was thinking that if we are going to have a social group online for Touhou, i think its only fitting to have Touhou themed social games.  I was thinking of something like RPs or incidents solving, or even touhou themed mafia.  What do you guys think? 

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    C27C27
    edited August 2012
    Something similar to Mafia might be fun. Here's an idea.

People sign up as the character of their choice, or perhaps alternately as a "house" of related characters like Eientei or Moriya Shrine.

The game master secretly chooses one player to be the Culprit of the Incident, and sets a difficulty and possibly a turn limit for solving it. The Culprit then gets to design the Incident however they see fit.

The game is played for points, which carry over from one game to the next. Solving an Incident gives a number of points based on its difficulty. The Culprit could either get a set number of points for going uncaught until the turn limit runs out, or get one point for each turn that it goes unsolved.

Points could be secretly traded between players for favors, either for helping solve and Incident or interfering with its investigation.

Possibly, some system of alliances, obligations, debts, and rivalries could be instituted as well.

I'm not sure how the actual mechanics of investigating would work, but characters should probably have certain individual abilities, skills, and flaws that could come into play somehow and be rolled against each other.
    Post edited by C27 at 2012-08-29 02:48:27
  • Vote Up2Vote Down
    RPs?

And then Reimu said, "wow this summer's heat sure does make me hot and sweaty and tired." She lifted her arms in a yawn exposing her soft moist armpits, then Yukari rape scene.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    yeah i was thinking of something like what C27 said.  what i was sort of aiming for in like an imperishable night scenario with teams and factions.  Of course I won't force anyone to RP their roles or characters, but that does make things a bit more interesting.  Am I to assume Saiyaka and C27 here would be okay with touhou mafia
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Wow, that's all a bit complicated XD  But it sounds like fun! =D
  • Vote Up1Vote Down
    Some people have been throwing around the idea of a d&d-style Touhou adventure game run on IRC (or possibly Skype). I've gone to the effort of banging out some quick additional rules to plug into the Wild Talents/ORE system, they can get more detailed if need be but it is enough to define how danmaku and spellcards work. I'm not sure if there need to be rules for handling races (human, tengu, oni, various youkai types) or not, I figure that things can be tossed together in usual character generation to fit.

Would anyone be interested in playing?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    C27 said:

Some people have been throwing around the idea of a d&d-style Touhou adventure game run on IRC (or possibly Skype). I've gone to the effort of banging out some quick additional rules to plug into the Wild Talents/ORE system, they can get more detailed if need be but it is enough to define how danmaku and spellcards work. I'm not sure if there need to be rules for handling races (human, tengu, oni, various youkai types) or not, I figure that things can be tossed together in usual character generation to fit.

Would anyone be interested in playing?

Aye.